Off late you must have seen people going berserk about the UX in different categories. For the ones who don’t know what UX is, it is the short version of ‘user experience’ that is a hit amongst marketers. It is not necessarily that user experience is limited to the digital market only; it can be used to get knowledge about the users at any level of marketing.
But when you are a digital marketer and looking forward to enhancing the chances of better web presence and increasing user indulgence in your website, then you must abide by some dedicated rules to get the success you desire.
What are they? Read on to know more
- Focus on your landing page– going by the phrase “the first impression is the last impression” any website visitor won’t be really impressed on landing on a blank page or a page that is not organized properly on his or her first visit itself. The landing page of every website must be created keeping this in mind. If also the design and distinctive features of the other pages of the website are not up to the mark, make sure you at least leave no stone unturned in making your landing page attractive in terms of everything. The users must like it on their first visit only.
- Do not brag about your content or make it monotonous– a very important factor towards improving user experience is this one. The content can be the king but boring and monotonous content is the ‘defeated king’ as because, in this era of fast-paced life, nobody wants to go through lengthy content even if it is interesting, leave alone when it’s boring! So make your content short, crisp and to the point, so that it does not doze off the visitors from your website. When your content is engaging the likes of users staying on the pages increases by leaps and bounds.
- Connect to the site visitors extensively– it is not like you create a website put up the content and you vanish. Building a solid user interface doesn’t work like that. You have to constantly make sure you are in touch with the visitor through real or virtual assistance. The increasing digital developments have made this quite easy through Chatbots and other such plugins which let you chat with the users even when you are offline.
- Get rid of the annoying pop-ups– yes! It is indeed annoying when every other page you open on a website shows some or the other kind of pop-up. It is well recommended to stop using such annoying pop-ups until they are actually of significant use in enhancing the quality of your services.
- Bring up variation– the same traditional designs, the boring layouts, the unchanged fonts are all passé these days. Bring on some variation in your website design on every page if possible and get on to the path of better UX.
And, to conclude
These are some of the best techniques which digital marketers must look out for when creating a website and expect a better user experience in return. None of these can be ignored to make your presence felt graciously on the web world and obviously to make UX an achievement.